Home » » Stalagmite and Stalactites, not a Stalemate!

Stalagmite and Stalactites, not a Stalemate!

Written By Unknown on Wednesday 24 September 2008 | 09:26

Written by balingkasa

"That man", he concluded; isn’t going to survive.

My son and I were at the mosque performing Tarawih [ramadhan night ritual] prayer last night as did we in several occasions in this holy month of Ramadhan.


A tough journey - Life goes on Mr. Wazier sir ...

I have a confession to make. I didn’t go to mosque for Tarawih every night. And laziness on my part is solely to be blamed for the irregularity.

We were just about to leave when someone tapped on my shoulder from behind.

"Mau balik sudah ka bos [leaving so soon, boss]"

Aha, the voice sounds familiar. I turned my face, and recognized him almost instantly. He is my old friend. But later I recalled that was the first time we met since the last couple of years. He is still looks the same, except chubbier.

"Apa kata kita minum dulu [Why don’t we have some refreshment first]", he said while pointing to a certain section in the mosque where congregation are taking on some after-prayer refreshment [minum-minum, mauree] that were generously served by the mosque, and some by patrons themselves; before leaving. So we did.

We had a good chitchat on diverse issues while sipping the kopi ‘o’ and several homemade kuih muih [local cakes].

He is the big fan of bloggers but he isn’t a blogger himself, which was what I met to understand. He is a fan alright; he knew about RPK, Bakaq, Kickdefella, Rocky’s Bru, even Khir Toyo website and those of Najib’s, to named a few.

Knowingly that I am a Kadayan [and he is a Bajau], he told me that there is a website dedicated to Kadayans and he is a frequent visitor of kadayanchronicles.blogspot.com [Oo … oo …]. “Gee, I dunno that”, I bluffed. At this juncture, my son gave me a different kind of look but I just ignore him; pretending that I didn’t notice [pura-pura tidak tahu]. What kind of father I am; setting a bad example to his son, isn’t it?

Let’s go back to this friend of mine. He suggested that I should pay kadayanchronicles.blogspot.com a visit too, if I have free time [as if I don’t].

My friend’s story continues.

Among the latest articles he read was about the current national political stalemate [and I wonder who wrote that haha] which he seems to agree to what the writer said [lucky me].

But of course, he had a different view upon describing the situation in which our top leader is currently facing. According to him, the Grand Wazier [darn, he even borrowed my terminology] is now trapped in the cave where stalagmites and stalactites sprouted from different angles. Stalagmites are the internal threats that he encountered from within the party, while stalactites external threats especially from the Wandering Prince.

"That man", he concluded; isn’t going to survive.

I don’t know how to respond to him in appropriate manner, rather than nodding to almost every word that he said.

Back home, I can’t help but to wonder. What a mighty randomness; that on the random pick, a friend of mine, randomly read articles at kadayan universe.com without knowledge that its me, his friend, who wrote it, and we happen to share the common view.

I can’t help but to ponder, too. What is the common view of Malaysians on the Grand Wazier at the moment?

Whatever it is, God bless Malaysia.

Selamat Menyambut Hari Raya Aidil Fitri, Maaf Zahir Batin.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Babad Views

Babad Editor

Popular Posts

 
Babad Support Sites : Kadayan Chronicles | Kadayan Chronicle | Babad Kadayan
Copyright © 2013. Babad Kadayan - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Kadayan Chronicles Published by Babad Kadayan
Proudly powered by Blogger